Aripiprazole Side Effects
Less Common Side Effects of Aripiprazole
There are other, less common side effects that can occur. These side effects occur in less than 2 percent of people taking the medication. It is difficult to tell whether these side effects are actually caused by aripiprazole or something else.
These less common aripiprazole side effects include but are not limited to:
- Vertigo (a spinning sensation)
- Tinnitus (ringing in the ears)
- Low thyroid (hypothyroidism) or high thyroid (hyperthyroidism)
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Canker sores
- Yeast infections
- Carpal tunnel
- Kidney stones
- Impotence, also known as erectile dysfunction or ED (see Abilify Sexual Side Effects)
- An increased or decreased sex drive
- Hair loss (see Abilify and Hair Loss)
- Varicose veins.
It is possible that you may experience some or none of the side effects explained above. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have side effects from a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects, or something that "just does not seem right," during treatment with this drug. While it may not be an aripiprazole side effect, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.