Drug InteractionsFanapt can potentially interact with several other medications (see Fanapt Drug Interactions).
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider Before Taking Fanapt?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- A narrowing of the gastrointestinal tract (such as a stricture)
- Kidney disease, including kidney failure (renal failure)
- Alzheimer's disease or other forms of dementia
- Low blood pressure (orthostatic hypotension)
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- An electrolyte imbalance
- A slow heart rate (bradycardia)
- Heart disease, congestive heart failure (CHF), or other heart problems
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Fanapt and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Fanapt and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any other medicines you are taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Fanapt Warnings and Precautions to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)
Overdose InformationDuring studies, accidental overdoses of this medication caused symptoms such as drowsiness, low blood pressure, or a rapid heart rate. If you happen to overdose, seek immediate medical attention.
(Click Fanapt Overdose for more information.)