The following are some general considerations for when and how to take the medication:
- Invega comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth once a day in the morning. Invega Sustenna® is a long-acting injectable form that is given just once a month (after the first two doses, which are given one week apart).
- You can take it with or without food. If it bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- The tablets are specially designed to slowly release the medication over time. They should be swallowed whole with water (or other liquids) and should not be crushed, chewed, or broken.
- Invega should be taken at the same time each day to maintain even levels of the drug in your blood.
- For it to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. The medication will not work if you stop taking it.
The dosage that your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medical conditions you may have
- How you respond to the medication
- Other medications you may currently be taking.
As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Invega Dosage for more information about dosing for Invega.)