Loxitane Dosage: An Overview
The dose of Loxitane®
) that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking
- The severity of your schizophrenia.
As always, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Loxitane Dosing for Schizophrenia
The recommended starting dose of Loxitane for schizophrenia is Loxitane 10 mg twice daily (or up to 25 mg twice daily for severe schizophrenia). Your healthcare provider may increase your dose up to Loxitane 250 mg total per day if necessary. He or she may also lower your dose if you experience bothersome Loxitane side effects
General Information on Dosing With Loxitane
Considerations for people taking Loxitane include the following:
- The medication comes in capsule form. It is usually taken by mouth two to four times a day.
- You can take Loxitane with or without food. If the medication bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Loxitane should be taken at the same time(s) each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Loxitane dosage or to Loxitane in general, talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking the drug without first discussing it with your healthcare provider (see Loxitane Withdrawal).