Loxitane Overdose: An Introduction
) is a medication that is used to treat schizophrenia
. As with all medicines, it is possible for a person to take too much Loxitane. The specific effects of a Loxitane overdose will vary, depending on a number of factors, including how much Loxitane was taken and whether it was taken with other medicines, drugs, and/or alcohol.
Symptoms of a Loxitane Overdose
While symptoms can vary, some commonly reported symptoms of an overdose with Loxitane include:
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Difficulty breathing
- Unusual body or facial movements
- Kidney failure.
Treatment for a Loxitane Overdose
The treatment for a Loxitane overdose will also vary. If the overdose was recent, the healthcare provider may give certain medicines or place a tube into the stomach to "pump the stomach." Vomiting should not be induced. Dialysis may be useful for helping remove Loxitane from the blood. Treatment also involves supportive care, which consists of treating the symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose. For example, supportive treatment options for a Loxitane overdose may include:
- Fluids through an intravenous line (IV)
- Medications to increase blood pressure
- Other treatments based on complications that occur.
It is important that you seek medical attention immediately if you believe that you may have overdosed on Loxitane.