Loxitane Side Effects
Serious Side EffectsSome Loxitane side effects, while occurring infrequently, are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Worsening of psychotic symptoms
- Signs of low blood pressure (hypotension), such as lightheadedness, dizziness, or fainting
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Rapid heart rate (tachycardia)
- Unexplained bruising or bleeding
- Severe constipation
- Unusual body movements
- Muscle tension or contractions
- Feelings of internal restlessness or jitteriness
- Signs or symptoms of neuroleptic malignant syndrome, which can include:
- A high fever
- Stiff muscles
- Irregular pulse or blood pressure
- An increased heart rate (tachycardia)
- Irregular heart rhythms (arrhythmias)
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including:
- Unexplained rash
- Unexplained swelling
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing.
You may experience some or none of the side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have problems with a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while taking the drug. You should also let your healthcare provider know if you develop something that "just does not seem right." While it may not be a side effect of Loxitane, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.