Schizophrenia Home > Clozapine
Dosing InformationThe dosage that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may currently be taking.
Side EffectsAs with any medicine, side effects are possible with clozapine. However, not everyone who takes it will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate the medication quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
- Increased salivation
- Weight gain (see Clozapine and Weight Gain)
- Dizziness or vertigo (a spinning sensation)
- Insomnia (see Clozapine and Insomnia).