Schizophrenia Home > Clozapine
Drug Interactions With ClozapineClozapine can potentially interact with a number of other medicines (see Drug Interactions With Clozapine).
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- An electrolyte imbalance
- Bone marrow problems or low blood cell counts
- Liver disease, including liver failure or cirrhosis
- An enlarged prostate
- Alzheimer's disease or other forms of dementia
- Low blood pressure (orthostatic hypotension)
- An upcoming surgery
- Heart disease, congestive heart failure (CHF), or other heart problems
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Clozapine and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Clozapine and Breastfeeding)
- Drink alcohol regularly (see Alcohol and Clozapine).