Schizophrenia Home > Fanapt
- The medicine comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth twice a day.
- It does not matter if you take this medication with food or on an empty stomach.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
Dosing InformationThe dose your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to the drug
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
Side Effects of FanaptAs with any medicine, Fanapt may cause side effects. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are easily treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
- Dry mouth
- Weight gain (see Fanapt and Weight Gain)
- Low blood pressure upon standing.