Schizophrenia Home > Fanapt
Drug InteractionsFanapt can potentially interact with several other medications (see Fanapt Drug Interactions).
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider Before Taking Fanapt?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- A narrowing of the gastrointestinal tract (such as a stricture)
- Kidney disease, including kidney failure (renal failure)
- Alzheimer's disease or other forms of dementia
- Low blood pressure (orthostatic hypotension)
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- An electrolyte imbalance
- A slow heart rate (bradycardia)
- Heart disease, congestive heart failure (CHF), or other heart problems
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Fanapt and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Fanapt and Breastfeeding).