Schizophrenia Home > Loxapine Inhalation Powder
- This medication comes in the form of a powder that is inhaled by mouth. It is given as a single dose every 24 hours, as needed.
- Loxapine inhalation powder is only given by a healthcare provider. He or she will show you the correct way to use it right before your dose.
- You can take loxapine inhalation powder with food or on an empty stomach.
- Loxapine inhalation powder is supplied in a single-use inhaler. The inhaler may become warm during use. It may also produce a flash of light and clicking sounds while you are using it. This is normal and expected.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Carefully follow your healthcare provider's instructions for properly inhaling this medication.