Schizophrenia Home > Risperdal Drug Interactions
Drug interactions can occur when Risperdal is taken with certain other drugs, such as some seizure medications, Paxil, and Prozac. Some of these potential Risperdal drug interactions may alter the level of Risperdal in your blood, possibly making Risperdal less effective or increasing your risk of Risperdal side effects. Therefore, be sure to talk with your healthcare provider or pharmacist about the drug interactions with Risperdal that may apply to you.
An Introduction to Risperdal Drug InteractionsRisperdal® (risperidone) can potentially interact with a number of other medicines. Some of these medicines that may lead to Risperdal interactions include:
- Certain anticonvulsants, including:
- Cimetidine (Tagamet®)
- Clozapine (Clozaril®, FazaClo®)
- Fluoxetine (Prozac®, Symbyax®)
- Paroxetine (Paxil®, Paxil CR®, Pexeva®, Brisdelle™)
- Ranitidine (Zantac®)
- Rifamycin antibiotics, including rifabutin (Mycobutin®), rifampin (Rifadin®), and rifapentine (Priftin®).