Schizophrenia Home > Risperdal
Drug InteractionsRisperdal can potentially interact with a number of other medicines (see Risperdal Drug Interactions for more information).
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider Before Taking Risperdal?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this drug if you have:
- Liver disease, including liver failure or cirrhosis
- Kidney disease, including kidney failure (renal failure)
- Alzheimer's disease or other forms of dementia
- Low blood pressure (orthostatic hypotension)
- Parkinson's disease
- Heart disease, congestive heart failure (CHF), or other heart problems
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
- Are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Risperdal and Pregnancy)
- Are breastfeeding (see Risperdal and Breastfeeding)
- Drink alcohol regularly (see Risperdal and Alcohol).