Schizophrenia Home > Seroquel XR Dosage
A healthcare provider will consider several factors to determine your Seroquel XR dosage, such as the severity of your condition, other medical conditions you may have, and other medications you are taking. For treating schizophrenia, the recommended starting Seroquel XR dosage is 300 mg once daily, usually in the evening. For bipolar disorder, the dosage will depend on whether you currently have depression, mania, or neither.
An Introduction to Seroquel XR DosageThe dose of Seroquel XR® (quetiapine XR) your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- The medical condition being treated
- The severity of your condition
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may currently be taking.
As always, do not adjust your Seroquel XR dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Seroquel XR Dosing for SchizophreniaThe recommended starting Seroquel XR dose for treating schizophrenia is Seroquel XR 300 mg once daily, preferably in the evening. Generally, your healthcare provider will increase your dose quickly within a few days, up to Seroquel XR 800 mg once daily if needed.
Seroquel XR Dosing for Bipolar DisorderThe recommended Seroquel XR dosage for bipolar disorder depends on whether you currently have depression, mania, or neither. The recommended dosages are as follows:
- Bipolar depression episodes:
- Day 1 -- 50 mg once daily
- Day 2 -- 100 mg once daily
- Day 3 -- 200 mg once daily
- Day 4 -- 300 mg once daily
- Bipolar mania episodes:
- Day 1 -- 300 mg once daily
- Day 2 -- 600 mg once daily
- Day 3 -- 400 to 800 mg once daily
- Maintenance (after the depression or mania episode has improved) -- continue at the same dose you were stabilized on during treatment of the episode.