Schizophrenia Home > Seroquel XR Drug Interactions
There are certain medications that can potentially cause negative interactions if they are taken with Seroquel XR. Drug interactions with Seroquel XR can occur if the drug is taken with alcohol, certain antibiotics, or lorazepam, just to name a few. Some of these interactions may alter the amounts of the medications in your blood. Your healthcare provider may need to adjust the dosages of these medications.
An Introduction to Seroquel XR Drug InteractionsSeroquel XR® (quetiapine XR) can potentially interact with several other medications. Some of these medicines that may lead to Seroquel XR interactions include:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Certain antibiotics or antifungals, including:
o Erythromycin (Ery-Tab®)o Isoniazid (Nydrazid®)o Itraconazole (Sporanox®)o Ketoconazole (Nizoral®)o Telithromycin (Ketek®)
- Cimetidine (Tagamet®)
- Divalproex (Depakote®, Depakote ER®)
- Lorazepam (Ativan®)
- Medications that cause a certain change in heart rhythm (see QT-Prolonging Medications for a list)
- Phenytoin (Dilantin®, Phenytek®)
- Thioridazine (Mellaril®).