Schizophrenia Home > Seroquel XR
When and How to Take Seroquel XRThe following are some general considerations for when and how to take Seroquel XR:
- This medicine comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth once a day, typically in the evening.
- While Seroquel XR can be taken on an empty stomach or with a light meal (300 calories or less), it should not be taken with a large, fatty meal. Taking a dose with too much food can increase the amount of medicine in your blood, increasing your risk of side effects.
- The tablets are extended-release and should not be crushed, split, broken, or chewed. They should be swallowed whole.
- Seroquel XR should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For this drug to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Seroquel XR will not work if you stop taking it.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Seroquel XR your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The medical condition being treated
- The severity of your condition
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking.