Schizophrenia Home > Seroquel XR
Are There Side Effects?As with any medicine, side effects are possible with Seroquel XR. However, not everyone who takes the medication will experience problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
- Dry mouth (see Seroquel XR and Dry Mouth)
- Weight gain (see Seroquel XR and Weight Gain).
Drug Interactions With Seroquel XRSeroquel XR can potentially interact with a number of other medicines (see Seroquel XR Drug Interactions for more information).
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking Seroquel XR if you have:
- Alzheimer's disease or other forms of dementia
- An underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism)
- Low blood pressure (orthostatic hypotension)
- Heart disease, congestive heart failure (CHF), or other heart problems
- Low white blood cells
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
- Are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Seroquel and Pregnancy)
- Are breastfeeding (see Seroquel and Breastfeeding)
- Drink alcohol regularly (see Alcohol and Seroquel).