Schizophrenia Home > Zyprexa Relprevv
- This medication comes as a powder that is mixed with liquid to form a suspension (liquid). It is given as an injection into the muscle of the buttocks (the gluteal muscle) every two to four weeks.
- You will receive your injection by a trained healthcare provider in a healthcare setting, such as an office or clinic.
- Your healthcare provider will need to monitor you for at least three hours after you receive your dose to make sure you do not develop a potentially serious reaction to the medicine. When you are able to leave the clinic, someone must be with you.
- You should only receive this medicine if you have taken and were able to tolerate oral olanzapine (Zyprexa®).
- For this drug to work properly, it must be used as prescribed. Your symptoms may return if you stop using this medication or miss a dose.
- How you respond to the medication
- The dose of olanzapine you have been taking
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you are taking.