When determining your Navane dosage, your healthcare provider will consider factors such as the severity of your schizophrenia and any other medications you are taking. The recommended starting Navane dosage for schizophrenia is Navane 2 mg three times daily (for those with mild symptoms) or Navane 5 mg twice daily (for those with severe symptoms).
An Introduction to Navane DosageThe dose of Navane® (thiothixene) your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- The severity of your schizophrenia
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking.
As always, do not adjust your Navane dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Navane Dosing for Schizophrenia
The recommended starting Navane dose for schizophrenia is Navane 2 mg three times daily (for those with mild symptoms) or Navane 5 mg twice daily (for those with severe symptoms). You healthcare provider may increase your dose up to Navane 60 mg total per day if necessary. Your healthcare provider may also lower your dose if you experience bothersome side effects. Some people may need to take the drug only once a day.
- Navane comes in capsule form. It is usually taken by mouth one to three times a day.
- It does not matter if you take Navane with or without food. If Navane bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Navane should be taken at the same time(s) each day to maintain even levels of the drug in your blood.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Navane dosing in general, please talk with your healthcare provider, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking Navane without first discussing it with your healthcare provider (see Navane Withdrawal).