Dosing InformationThe dose of Risperdal your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age and weight
- The medical condition being treated
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be taking.
As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Risperdal Dosage for more information.)
Side Effects of RisperdalAs with any medicine, side effects are possible with Risperdal. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Common side effects include but are not limited to:
- An increased appetite
- Upper respiratory tract infections, such as the common cold
- Insomnia (see Risperdal and Insomnia)
- Increased salivation
(Click Risperdal Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report to your healthcare provider.)
You can also read about specific side effects in the following eMedTV articles:
- Risperdal and Diabetes
- Risperdal and Dry Mouth
- Risperdal Sexual Side Effects
- Risperdal and Weight Gain.