When and How Do I Take It?Some general considerations to keep in mind when taking Saphris include the following:
- Saphris comes in the form of a sublingual tablet (a special type of tablet that dissolves under the tongue). It is usually taken by mouth twice a day.
- Do not crush or chew the tablets or swallow them whole. They will rapidly dissolve under the tongue. Do not eat or drink for 10 minutes after taking a dose.
- Try to take this medication at the same times each day.
- Saphris tablets come in special blister packaging designed to protect the delicate tablets. Be sure to peel back the packaging as directed; do not try to push the tablets through the packaging, as this will crush them. Keep each tablet in the original packaging until just before use.
- For this medicine to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
Saphris Dosing InformationThe dosage your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The medical condition being treated (schizophrenia or bipolar disorder)
- How you respond to Saphris
- Other medications you may be taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Saphris Dosage for more information.)