When and How to Take StelazineThe following are some general considerations for when and how to take this medication:
- Stelazine comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth two to three times a day.
- You can take it with or without food. If the medication bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- The medication should be taken at the same times each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the medicine to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
Dosing InformationThe dosage that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The medical condition being treated
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may currently be taking.
As with any medication, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Stelazine Dosage for more information.)
Side EffectsAs with any medicine, side effects are possible with Stelazine. However, not everyone who takes it will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate the medication well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Possible side effects of Stelazine include, but are not limited to:
- Unusual body movements, shakiness, or twitches
- Insomnia (see Stelazine and Insomnia)
- Blurred vision
- Sexual problems (see Stelazine Sexual Side Effects)
- Dry mouth (see Stelazine and Dry Mouth).
(Click Stelazine Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects that you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)