Precautions and Warnings With Thioridazine
You should not take thioridazine if you:
- Are allergic to thioridazine, Mellaril, or any inactive ingredients used in making the medication. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive ingredients.
- Have a heart arrhythmia, especially one called long QT syndrome.
- Have very high blood pressure (hypertension) or very low blood pressure (hypotension).
- Are in a coma or a state of decreased consciousness.
- Are taking any of the medications that cannot be taken with thioridazine (see Drug Interactions With Thioridazine).
There are a number of situations in which thioridazine should not be taken, as well as a number of precautions and warnings people should be aware of before taking the medication. However, it is possible that not all of the precautions and warnings with thioridazine were discussed in this article. Therefore, you should talk with your healthcare provider about the thioridazine warnings and precautions that may apply to you.