As with any medication, it's possible to overdose on Versacloz (clozapine oral suspension). Symptoms can be potentially dangerous and include delirium, coma, and even death. Treatment may include administering activated charcoal, pumping the stomach, and providing other forms of supportive care. Seek immediate medical treatment if you have taken too much of this drug.
Versacloz™ (clozapine oral suspension) is a prescription medication used to treat people with schizophrenia that has not adequately responded to other treatments. As with most medications, it is possible to overdose on Versacloz. The specific symptoms of an overdose may vary, however, depending on the Versacloz dosage and whether it was taken with any other drugs or substances.
Based on reported symptoms that have occurred in people who took too much Versacloz, the effects of an overdose may include:
- A fast heart rate (tachycardia)
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Breathing problems
- Excessive salivation (drooling)
If the overdose was recent, a healthcare provider may administer activated charcoal or place a tube into the stomach to "pump" it. This can help reduce the amount of the drug absorbed into the body. There is no antidote for a Versacloz overdose.
Treatment for any type of overdose also usually involves supportive care, which consists of treating any symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose. For example, supportive care might include:
- Close monitoring of the heart and blood pressure
- Fluids through an intravenous (IV) line
- Medications to treat arrhythmias, low blood pressure, or other symptoms if they occur.
It is important that you seek prompt medical attention if you believe you or someone else may have taken too much of this or any medication.